[Ifeffit] Artemis error message

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Sat Sep 16 18:23:07 CDT 2006

Paul,

>Having now looked at your message, I must admit I am a little
>confused.  If you allow me to paraphrase, I believe you say that if
>you run artemis from an X11 window using the command line, feff runs
>normally.  On the other hand, if you run artemis using the double
>click application (the applet) to run artemis, feff doesn't work.

exactly. The error message I get when I run Artemis using the double
click on the icon (and that I do NOT get if I run Artemis from the
X11 (or iTerm) window is explained here again:

>This is very hard to understand as the only thing that is different
>(as you might have been able to see in my last post) is the
>environment variable, PGPLOT_DEV set in the runprog script is
>different (e.g. set to use aquaterm output).  There is nothing that
>could ostensibly effect whether or not feff launches (it certainly
>doesn't use graphics).

I get the error independently of the graphics window used (X11 or Aquaterm).

I understand that it may be difficult to sort out the source of the
error. However, I am reporting just the facts.

Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"