[Ifeffit] Artemis error message

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Sat Sep 16 10:23:12 CDT 2006

Having now looked at your message, I must admit I am a little
confused.  If you allow me to paraphrase, I believe you say that if
you run artemis from an X11 window using the command line, feff runs
normally.  On the other hand, if you run artemis using the double
click application (the applet) to run artemis, feff doesn't work.
This is very hard to understand as the only thing that is different
(as you might have been able to see in my last post) is the
environment variable, PGPLOT_DEV set in the runprog script is
different (e.g. set to use aquaterm output).  There is nothing that
could ostensibly effect whether or not feff launches (it certainly
doesn't use graphics).

				Paul