[Ifeffit] Artemis error message

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Sat Sep 9 09:37:04 CDT 2006

Hello Matt and Paul,

I verified the following:

1) here is the error message in the echo window

Preparing to run FEFF ...
Performing autosave ...
Saving feff.inp file
Performing autosave ... done!
Running feff (this could take a few minutes, please be patient) ...
Uh oh!  That Feff calculation did not run successfully.

2) when I run the command "feff6" from the terminal, I get the
following message:

stefano% feff6
  Feff 6L.02
  Fatal Error: cannot open file "feff.inp" in module rdinp

I interpret this message with the conclusion that I can just type
'feff6' in the Artemis preferences, as the command is actually seen
and of course it is missing the feff.inp file if I run the command
from the terminal.

In the end, I have not been able to pinpoint the problem. Maybe a
fault in the installer??? I am stuck.

Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"