[Ifeffit] Compiling horae/iffefit on Mac OS 10.4.7 Intel

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Sat Sep 2 00:24:27 CDT 2006

   Hi I have been the one who made the binary installers for the
power pc version of horae.  I have yet to build the intel version as
I don't have access at work to an intel based mac (I did try a little
on my wife's new imac, but ran into the same problem you did).  I
will be getting a new Mac Pro machine shortly and would like to give
it a try there.  The problem with gcc3 and ggc4 is something I am
aware about too.  One thing I had started to try using was g95 and/or
gfortran, the gcc 4 fortran compilers (g95 standard fortran).  The
automatic build sequence is broken for these, hence on the powerpc, I
took the easy way out and compiled the binary installer with gcc3
(which I also have). I also hope to buy another compiler for the new
mac as well (perhaps Intel?).  I would be interested in helping and
would be most grateful to be kept up to date as making a binary
installer would help out a lot of other users as well.

					Paul Fons