[Ifeffit] Coordination number

Anatoly Frenkel frenkel at bnl.gov
Thu Nov 23 12:37:00 CST 2006

These references may be useful as the answers to both "why" and "how".

http://pubweb.bnl.gov/users/frenkel/www/PTRU/ptru.pdf

http://pubweb.bnl.gov/users/frenkel/www/PTRU/evolution.pdf

By "average", do you mean average betwee the A-B and A-A first nearest
neighbor coordination numbers? They should not be averaged unless A and B
are similar elements, like Cu and Ni. If they have good Z-contrast, EXAFS
can count them separately, see refs above.

Anatoly