[Ifeffit] new release (061) of my codes

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Fri Mar 31 14:37:50 CST 2006

Matt, will try to explain:

>I'm very confused.  Please help me understand what does and does not
>work for you.
>
>Today you said:
>
>>  2) If I just type 'ifeffit' from the command line I get the following:
>>

>>  stefano% ifeffit
>>
>>   dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpgplot.dylib
>>     Referenced from: /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/ifeffit
>>     Reason: image not found
>>
>>  Trace/BPT trap
>>

>Emmanuelle seems to have similar behavior.  Of course, you know that
>this means that no ifeffit applications will run correctly.   The
>messages you sent yesterday implied very strange permission problems
>and was definitely different than this.  What changed?

maybe the fact that I tried (unsuccessfully) Bruce's last Makefile.PL
script in between? Maybe some parts of the script have done
something? I am honestly in the dark.

>Has the ifeffit command-line program EVER worked for you?   Really, I
>hope this question illustrates my confusion about what does and does
>not work for you.

frankly, I NEVER run ifeffit form the command line on my Mac. One of
my coworkers has though, but on another Mac, a G5. But he never cared
much about Horae and Athena or Artemis, as he is a real unix geek
(and I said this with admiration) so he has so far only used FEFF and
IFEFFIT from the command line. He never used Athena or Artemis.

>But you also said today:
>
>>  just to let people know that for me (OSX 10.4.5) Athena works fine
>>  after installation from ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4.1_pkg.dmg

yes. Athena works fine. What does not work is the FEFF and IFEFFIT
part of Artemis.

>OK... so  Ifeffit and athena work???   That is very confusing.    It
>also seems to be very different from Emmanuelle's experience.  Hmmm.
>
>Then again, if Ifeffit and athena do work, what is the problem you're having?

well... when I try to run FEFF from Artemis, I get the error message
I told you earlier today and Feff does not produce anything. Plus, I
am not able to upgrade to horae_061 using Bruce's scripts. Possibly
things can get better if and when Paul Fons releases his full
installer package with 061? I am not in a real hurry though, so there
is plenty of time as I will not be using the programs for a month or
so. Maybe this thing will all get figured out. I agree though that
OSX stuff is for you guys a bit of a complication...

Stefano