[Ifeffit] new release (061) of my codes

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 31 14:14:04 CST 2006

Stefano,

I'm very confused.  Please help me understand what does and does not
work for you.

Today you said:

> 2) If I just type 'ifeffit' from the command line I get the following:
>

> stefano% ifeffit
>
>  dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpgplot.dylib
>    Referenced from: /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/ifeffit
>    Reason: image not found
>
> Trace/BPT trap

Emmanuelle seems to have similar behavior.  Of course, you know that
this means that no ifeffit applications will run correctly.   The
messages you sent yesterday implied very strange permission problems
and was definitely different than this.  What changed?

Has the ifeffit command-line program EVER worked for you?   Really, I
hope this question illustrates my confusion about what does and does
not work for you.

But you also said today:

> just to let people know that for me (OSX 10.4.5) Athena works fine
> after installation from ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4.1_pkg.dmg

OK... so  Ifeffit and athena work???   That is very confusing.    It
also seems to be very different from Emmanuelle's experience.  Hmmm.

Then again, if Ifeffit and athena do work, what is the problem you're having?