[Ifeffit] new release (061) of my codes

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Fri Mar 31 05:51:12 CST 2006

Hi,
let's see what we can do:

1) If I test the new script by Bruce I get the following message:

stefano% perl Makefile.PL

  === The Ifeffit wrapper, Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus ===

This is Mac OSX.
Checking dependencies ...
Dependencies ok.  Cool!
Reading configuration file: Ifeffit/lib/athena/athena.config
Reading configuration file: Ifeffit/lib/artemis/artemis.config
Assembled athena.pl from its parts (athena_parts/).
Assembled artemis.pl from its parts (artemis_parts/).
Assembled hephaestus.pl from its parts (hephaestus_parts/).
Fixing execution path in the Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus executables...
   Changing athena.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing artemis.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing hephaestus.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing ifeffit_shell.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing rdaj.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing atoms.pl to /usr/bin/perl
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Archive::Zip
ERROR from evaluation of /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/horae-061/0CPAN/Makefile.PL:
ERROR from evaluation of
/Applications/Ifeffit/bin/horae-061/0CPAN/Archive-Zip-1
.16/Makefile.PL: Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at
/System/Libr
ary/Perl/5.8.6/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 869.
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.

2) If I just type 'ifeffit' from the command line I get the following:

stefano% ifeffit
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libpgplot.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/ifeffit
   Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

3) If, after I reinstalled everyhting from the
ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4.1.pkg.dmg, I launch feff from Artemis,  using
one of the tutorials on copper, I get the following message:

Running feff (this could take a few minutes, please be patient) ...
Uh oh!  That Feff calculation did not run successfully.

It seems to me that not only the problem arises when an upgrade is
available, but, at this stage, also with the
ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4.1.pkg.dmg installer...

Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"