[Ifeffit] new release (061) of my codes

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Mar 30 16:37:47 CST 2006

Hi gang,

Since I don't have a Mac of my own, I am somewhat limited in what I
can do to verify that my codes will build correctly on that platform.

That said, I put a replacement for the Makefile.PL (the script that is
run as the first step of building the new version) on my web site:

   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/misc/horae_on_mac/Makefile.PL

This may work correctly on the Mac.  Or it may not.  I am not sure
because I can't test it myself.  However, from reading today's mail
and from a short conversation with Matt this afternoon, I suspect that
this has a chance of working.

If you are so motivated, fix this script so it does work correctly on
the Mac and I will incorporate those fixes into the distribution.

I would very much like to see this issue resolved.  It seems that the
same questions (often from the same people) regarding the Mac crop up
every single time I make a release.