[Ifeffit] new release (061) of my codes

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 30 13:54:38 CST 2006

HI Stefano,

> stefano% ~> /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/ifeffit -i
> tcsh: /Users/stefano: Permission denied.

But that's implying that  you can't even run ifeffit due to permission
problems.   That makes it seem much more about your system than about
Ifeffit.

> stefano# ifeffit
> stefano#  ifeffit> print $&install_dir

Hmm, that's weird.  The banner message didn't print and the prompt is
wrong (it should be
"Ifeffit>").  Any ideas why that might be?

> stefano#  ifeffit> print $&install_dir
> su: Illegal variable name.
> stefano# print $&install_dir
> su: Illegal variable name.

Hmm, that's weird too.  I'm not sure what wrote "su: Illegal variable
name."   I'm pretty sure that is not from the ifeffit program.