[Ifeffit] Mac binary installer for ifeffit 1.2.9 and horae 062

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Mon Jun 12 02:13:10 CDT 2006

    I have made and installed on sourceforge a new binary installer
for Mac 10.4 that contains both ifeffit 1.2.9 and horae 062.  The new
installer also includes an user selectable option to use either the
included aquaterm (cocoa based graphics) or the standard pgplot X11
graphics output.  Which graphic rendering process is asked by the
Applescript applet that initiates the horae (perl) process.  In
either case, pgplot is used by horae to render graphics, however the
aquaterm option has the added advantage of offering resizing
(aquaterm buffers all of the output allowing dynamic window resizing
without having to replot the data -- aka the X11 route).  Aquaterm
also allows direct saving of the output into a pdf file.   I have
prevailed upon a friend (who knows nothing about XAFS) to let me try
the installer on his Mac.  Both athena and artemis started up
correctly on his machine so I am optimistic that it should be
relatively painless to get running.  As usual, problems with the
installer are my fault (not Bruce's or Matt's) and should be reported
to me.  The new release can be found on sourceforge.net at the link
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80919.

								Paul