[Ifeffit] Other programs than FEFF - GNXAS and MXAN

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Jul 27 14:36:54 CDT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 14:22, Matthew Marcus wrote:
> Other reasons for the popularity of FEFF include its longer history

I believe that the early references for both GNXAS and Feff6 date from 1991.

> That reminds me - I'm a co-author on a paper, which was submitted to PRL, in
> which we used FEFF8.1 to simulate EXAFS.  A referee complained that FEFF8.1
> was for XANES, not EXAFS.  What was that about?

Ummm... ignorance?

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/