[Ifeffit] Other programs than FEFF - GNXAS and MXAN

Messaoud Harfouche messaoud.harfouche at psi.ch
Fri Jul 28 02:28:06 CDT 2006

Dear all,

One of the problems for GNXAS is that it can not be used for
actinides like U, Th, Pt etc.  I, personally, contacted A. Philiponi
(was in 2002) to get right to use GNXAS for natural actinides in
natural samples for nuclear waste management (not for nuclear Energy)
and he refused.

Hope the developers changed their mind since 2002.

M. Harfouche