[Ifeffit] Other programs than FEFF - GNXAS and MXAN

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 27 12:53:42 CDT 2006

I heard a talk by Ziyu Wu of Beijing Synchrotron Radiation Facility in which
he said that the international community prefers
a package called GNAXS to FEFF for EXAFS calculations.  He also has his own
package called MXAN for XANES fitting.
What do other people think of these programs?  Would it be
possible/worthwhile to modify Athena/IFEFFIT to use one of these
other programs?  I haven't investigated them, so I don't know whether it
would be possible to put a shell around GNAXS which
would make it look like FEFF and therefore be usable directly by IFEFFIT.
    mam