[Ifeffit] Problems with GeO2

Andreas Schacht andreas.schacht at uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jul 21 06:34:54 CDT 2006

Hello,

my name is Andreas Schacht and I am working with germanium and germanium
oxides in my diploma thesis. Therefore I was trying to simulate the XANES
spectra of both with feff. The results for germanium seem to be very good
in comparison to the experimental data but the simulated spectra of GeO2
in the alpha-quartz structure is far away from all the experimental
spectra I have seen. So I was wondering if someone has some experience
with calculating the XANES spectra of germanium oxides.
Thanks for any help.
Best regards

Andreas