[Ifeffit] status of ifeffit on Intel-based Mac's

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Jul 18 14:05:59 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 12:08, aslowey at pangea.stanford.edu wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just sifted through the email archives, but it's not clear whether
> there's an ifeffit installer that will install useable versions of Athena,
> etc. As a recent PC-to-Mac convert, thanks to all who are working on this
> issue.
>
> with patience,
> Aaron Slowey

There is not yet (to my knowledge) an installer for the mac on intel
hardware, although there has been some success discussed on the list
in building everything from scratch.  That, of course, requires a
compiler for Fortran and C.  Everything (including perl/Tk and all the
other perl modules that Athena uses) will need to be compiled and
installed.

We would love to have someone maintaining a disk image for
mac-on-intel.  Neither Matt nor I own that particular combination of
hardware and software, so an installer will require a volunteer from
the ifeffit community.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel