[Ifeffit] Possible bug in Artemis.

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Mon Jan 23 18:45:59 CST 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 17:47, joshua jason kas wrote:
> Hi,
> When I import a feff calculation, or run feff, the paths show up in
> artemis, but the description is garbled. What I mean is that the path
> description under Scattering Path which normally looks like
>
>  	[+] Cl [+] O ...
>
> looks like
>
>  	[+] <?> [+] <?> ...

This looks like another version of a bug that has cropped up here and there.
The algorithm for generating the interpretation page parses the feff.inp file
and a couple of feff's output files.  Every so often, someone throws a
hand-made feff.inp file at Artemis that works in feff but breaks the rather
crufty parser I wrote.

If you can send me the feff.inp file that would help.  The artemis project
file might help also, so send that along.  Even if it is one that makes
Artemis do bad things when you try to read, I can still peak on the inside and
figure out what's going on.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/