[Ifeffit] Enabling auto-updater for Artemis etc on startup (Windows)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Jan 19 09:05:55 CST 2006

Simon,

That updater.ini should work, but there were problems with looking for
updates in the first release of Ifeffit 1.2.8.  I'd suggest installing
ifeffit-1.2.8a, which has a fixed version of the runner program and is
better about handling the case of not being able to connect to
cars.uchicago.edu (say, a machine with no networking).

The other possibility is that you need to set a proxy for outgoing web
connections.  Do you know if this is true or not?  Like, do you need
to set a proxy in your web browser?   If so, you probably need to set
the http_proxy setting in updater.ini.

Hope that helps.  Again, I'd recommend a fresh install of Ifeffit
1.2.8a before trying to diagnose the problem.