[Ifeffit] Re: I should be able to find this somewhere...

matthew marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 16 01:25:37 CST 2006

The background of this is that I'm running Artemis on Windows, and I get some odd things happening
when I select Display Residuals.  The residual often shows as bigger than what's being fit.  At first, I
thought that maybe it was being amplified by some factor in order to display better, but then I realized that
the behavior I'm seeing is inconsistent with that.  For instance, the residual coincides with the data
at R greater than where the last fit path peters out.  It's almost as if I'm seeing |fit+data| and not |fit-data|.
	mam