[Ifeffit] Re: I should be able to find this somewhere...

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 15 16:49:50 CST 2006

Hi,

Maybe I missed an important part of the discussion, but that won't
stop me from sticking my nose in...

> > By what factor is the residual multiplied when plotted in Artemis?  I can't
> > find that figure quoted.
> >       mam
>
> The residual is saved in k-space and Fourier transformed.

... which ought to be the same as taking the residual of chi(R).
What's typically plotted (with Artemis and everywhere else) is
|chi(R)|.  When plotting the magnitude like this and selecting "show
residual", the magnitude of the residual is shown:
|chi_data(R)-chi_fit(R)|, not the invidiual differences of real and
imaginary components.