[Ifeffit] new versions for the new year!

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Sat Jan 7 14:37:31 CST 2006

Bruce,

>I have to say that I am losing patience with trying to maintain this
>particular piece of code.  It isn't anything more clever than a
>wrapper which downloads, unpacks, and builds the tarball.  In truth,
>it isn't all that hard for the user to just download, unpack, and
>build.  It is, however, proving hard for me to stay on top of a moving
>target.
>

>  --- Unless someone can give me a very compelling reason that horae_update
>  --- is *necessary*, I am inclined to discontinue supporting it.

personally, I think that if the instructions to download-unpack-build
the tarball are clear enough (as they are now), the horae_update is
simply a luxury that could be avoided, especially if it creates more
trouble to you than necessary.

Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"