[Ifeffit] Mac Installer

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Fri Feb 17 21:57:57 CST 2006

   Hi Matt,
		The Mac installer now has the somewhat long winded name
ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4_horae60_pkg.dmg .  I was wary of changing the
name before as it will break the link on cars, but since you are
hosting the various installers on cars as well, it would probably be
best if to have a clear name so one could be sure the version is the
same on both.  I thought it might also be prudent to have the
installer for 10.3 check the os version (using the gestalt value in
the installer) so that incompatible versions don't get installed (the
10.3 perl and Tk will I think break on 10.4).  I should do the same
for the 10.4 version as well.  I may be able to make the same sort of
check for the 10.3 package installer as well using the package you
built.  I can't, however, update the older installer to the new horae
version as I don't have a 10.3 system to build it on.

							Paul