[Ifeffit] Mac Installer

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Feb 16 08:21:12 CST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 20:26, Paul Fons wrote:
> Matt, I was wondering if it would be cool to add the horae version to
> the installer name using some predetermined format).  As it stands,
> it is hard to know how old each release is.  The windows installer
> selfupdates so this shouldn't be a problem, but as the horae_update
> script is at least for the moment broken, I am trying to release a
> new mac binary installer every time Bruce comes out with a new
> version (for people who don't want to bother installing a development
> environment to compile the latest horae version).

I also have no problem with whatever naming scheme you think is helpful for
the Mac.

As for the horae_update script -- I am not averse to your relying on it or a
similar concept.  I just don't want to continue trying to support it.  You
might, for instance, want to get something of that sort working well on the
Mac (perhaps downloading from cars rather than from SourceForge) and have the
Ifeffit installer give the user the option of making a cron job (or whatever
that's called on the Mac) out of the updater.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/