[Ifeffit] Mac Installer

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 15 23:11:13 CST 2006

Hi Paul,

Thanks for looking into the installer issues.  I haven't heard any
other complaints about the Mac installer for 10.4.

> Matt, I was wondering if it would be cool to add the horae version to
> the installer name using some predetermined format).  As it stands,
> it is hard to know how old each release is.  The windows installer
> selfupdates so this shouldn't be a problem, but as the horae_update
> script is at least for the moment broken, I am trying to release a
> new mac binary installer every time Bruce comes out with a new
> version (for people who don't want to bother installing a development
> environment to compile the latest horae version).

Sure -- that (having a release name that included the horae version)
seems like a good idea, for Mac and Windows.   Calling it something
like
  ifeffit-horae-060.(exe | dmg)    or
  horae-060-ifeffit-1.2.8.(exe | dmg)

seems reasonable to me.