[Ifeffit] Athena 0.8.048, Artemis 0.8.005, Hephaestus 0.13

Stefano Ciurli stefano.ciurli at unibo.it
Sat Feb 11 00:22:24 CST 2006

Paul,

>No, I didn't use the update_horae script, but rather downloaded the
>source from the APS site.  The last I heard, Bruce was getting a
>little frustrated with sourceforge's silent changing of the file
>distribution system and the script was broken.  His update_horae
>script "scrapes" the html text of the download page to check the
>version number.  When they changed this format, his script can
>break.  In a post from Bruce a while ago, I recall he was getting
>frustrated keeping it up to date and would rather put that effort
>into horae.

OK. I of course am aware of what has happened to the horae_script.
That is why I was misunderstandingly surprised to read that you used
it. Now all is clear

>Downloading the source works fine (as it always has).
>Since Bruce always announces a new version on this list, I just
>download the latest source and build it.  Now that I have
>(apparently)  figured out this installer stuff, I hope to put up a
>new binary installer within a few days of his announcements.

great!

>  Now I have to figure out how to get an Intel mac so I can build the
>intel version!

It will be a long time until I buy the Intel Mac...
Stefano

Stefano Ciurli
Professor of Chemistry
Laboratory of Bioinorganic Chemistry
Department of Agro-Environmental Science and Technology
University of Bologna
Viale Giuseppe Fanin, 40
I-40127 Bologna
Italy
Phone:	+39-051-209-6204
Fax:	+39-051-209-6203

"Fatti non foste a viver come bruti,
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza"
Dante Alighieri - Inferno - Canto XXVI

"Ihr seid bestimmt, nicht Tieren gleich zu leben,
Nein, Tugend zu erringen und Erkenntnis"
"Ye were not form'd to live the life of brutes,
But virtue to pursue and knowledge high"