[Ifeffit] High Correlation betn SO2 and ss

Shantanu Behera skbehera at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 22:58:37 CST 2006

Hi Folks

I have a small doubt. I work on the structural features of Y that are
segregated to Alumina grain boundaries (very dilute amounts of Yttrium
in polycrystalline alumina).

In some of my fits, I find a correlation ~0.85 between SO2 and ss. If
I restrain the ss, from 0.004 to 0.007, the CN changes by ~0.5 (not
considering +/-0.3). I would appreciate if someone can explain me how
to interpret the results from a structural point of view.

Warm regards
Shan

Shantanu Behera
Center for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology
Lehigh University
5, East Packer Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA