[Ifeffit] Re: question on Athena data import

Gerrit Schmithals schmithals at hmi.de
Wed Dec 6 07:09:14 CST 2006

Jay Brandes schrieb:
> Ended up looking at the older threads and the fix posted a few months
> ago, to use the program textwrangler and save in UNIX text format,
> worked. The problem seems to be that the normal Mac text handling
> programs do not have this option and Athena requires it. Just looking
> at the files in another text editing program does not reveal the
> problem. Anyway, problem solved.
Hello Jay, Hello Bruce,

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. As I had a large number of
files to change from mac-linebreaks to windows-linebreaks (to
unix-linebreaks can also be implemented) I wrote a small Perl-program
that operates on all files in a directory and its subdirectories and do
the reformatting for me. That saved me from opening/saving each file
independently. If you (anyone) is interested in the code I can post it
here, though I would first have to change a few lines as the script uses
full paths. Of course you would have to have Perl installed on your
computer.

Cheers,
Gerrit