[Ifeffit] CN and bond distances in Artemis

Anatoly Frenkel frenkel at bnl.gov
Tue Dec 5 13:06:25 CST 2006

Hi Matthew,

It should be very easy to send to him Pt foil data, especially because,
based on my and others' tests, Pt data collected at different beamlines are
"identical" and thus transferable, but what if the beamline settings
(detuning, slit size, gases, etc.) were not optimized for his experiment? To
make sure everything is tuned up correctly, he should take his own Pt foil
data and compare with theory other other people standards (good idea!).
Alternatively, he will have to operate under assumption that everything was
tuned up correctly and his NP data are perfect, but why to take chances?

Anatoly