[Ifeffit] CN and bond distances in Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Dec 5 09:15:13 CST 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 09:03, Carlo Segre wrote:
> It looks like this is fluorescence data.  It is likely that you have
> significant self-absorption if this is a Pt foil.  Try to apply an
> "infinite" sample correction to this data before fitting.  That should
> correct the SO2 somewhat.

I agree with Carlo.  I tried correcting your data as he suggested and
it more or less doubled the amplitude of chi(k).

This does suggest one of the cardinal rules of EXAFS data analysis,
which is that good data analysis starts with careful sample
preparation.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel