[Ifeffit] Re: question on Athena data import

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Fri Dec 1 17:03:21 CST 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 11:22, Jay Brandes wrote:
> Ended up looking at the older threads and the fix posted a few months
> ago, to use the program textwrangler and save in UNIX text format,
> worked. The problem seems to be that the normal Mac text handling
> programs do not have this option and Athena requires it. Just looking at
> the files in another text editing program does not reveal the problem.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for posting this.  I had thought that Athena was dealing
gracefully with the three different line termination conventions.
As you point out -- it's wasn't.  Drat!

I wrote some code yesterday to do "the right thing" with mac-, unix-,
and windows-line-terminated files.  It seems to work, but I want to
test it a bit longer.  Once I am satisfied, I'll make a new release of
the source code.  I plan to do this soon so that the folks working on
packaging the software for the various flavors of macs can include the
fix in their next versions of their packages.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel