[Ifeffit] Problem opening old artemis files

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Fri Dec 1 12:59:42 CST 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 12:31, Carlo Segre wrote:
> So there are errors in a number of the zipped up files inside the archive.
> I think we can rule out changes in format because some of the files are
> being found correctly, Bruce?

It's been quite a long time since I changed the format of the artemis
project file.  What Carlo found using info-zip is consistent with my
suggestion after reading the trap information Igor sent.  It would
seem that Igor's project files became corrupted at some point in their
journey from Indiana to Brazil.

There is a -F option in the info-zip implementation of the zip
program.  This presumably attempts to repair damaged zip files.  It's
worth a try.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel