[Ifeffit] Problem opening old artemis files

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Fri Dec 1 12:31:43 CST 2006

Hi Igor:

There are clearly issues with this file.  I tried to use the "unzip -t"
command to look inside it and the output is as follows:

segre at id1:~$ unzip -t CdPer.apj
Archive:  CdPer.apj
     testing: HORAE                    OK
     testing: README                   OK
tmp/:  mismatching "local" filename (descriptions/),
          continuing with "central" filename version
     testing: tmp/                     OK
file #4:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  2040
file #182:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  257961
     testing: data0.feff3/             OK
     testing: data0.feff3/feff0001.dat   OK
     testing: data0.feff3/paths.dat    OK
     testing: data0.feff3/feff.inp     OK
     testing: data0.feff3/misc.dat     OK
     testing: data0.feff3/files.dat    OK
     testing: log_files/               OK
     testing: data0.feff6/             OK
     testing: data0.feff6/feff0001.dat   OK
     testing: data0.feff6/paths.dat    OK
     testing: data0.feff6/feff.inp     OK
     testing: data0.feff6/misc.dat     OK
     testing: data0.feff6/files.dat    OK
     testing: descriptions/            OK
     testing: descriptions/artemis.bak   OK
     testing: descriptions/journal.artemis   OK
     testing: descriptions/artemis     OK

So there are errors in a number of the zipped up files inside the archive.
I think we can rule out changes in format because some of the files are
being found correctly, Bruce?

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics