[Ifeffit] Alloy EXAFS data fitting

XQ WANG xq_wang at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 31 19:39:28 CDT 2006

Thanks, Anatoly, Matt.

This is metallic alloy system.

I am thinking, if there is no phase changes and both CN of A-A and A-B
increase with temperature increase, that would indicate the increase in
nanosizes, as Anatoly hinted.

If in AB alloy, A/B ratio is variable, but still in the same structure
system, CN (A-A)+CN(A-B)=constant should be valid. This indicates the
exisitence of atom replacement.

If  A/B ratio is variable, and the alloy structure also changes (phase
transition happens), can we get something like: CN of A-B uniformly
decreases, while CN of A-A decreases first and then increases as a function
of temperature? (I guess this might be possible)

When I read the figures, it was not specified that CNs were from different
phases.  I was confused.

Thanks again, Anatoly, Matt. If my understanding was not quite right, please
correct me.

Have a great day,

Xianqin