[Ifeffit] Alloy EXAFS data fitting

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Thu Aug 31 14:36:32 CDT 2006

resending, now typing more carefully:

***
Hey Xianqin,

If it is a (bulk) alloy system, and if A-A and A-B are 1NN pairs, then, unless there is a phase transition or other perturbations that can involve chemical changes either within the sample of heterogeneous (say, nanophase formation of different composition) or homogeneous (say, ordering changes from random solid solution to an intermetallic compound, as in Au3Cu etc.) nature, the coord. numbers should stay the same. Thus, it is not physical to vary them independently. Thus, if the coord. number of the A-1NN is 12 (as in fcc) then set NB=12-NA and worry only if NA comes out to be outside the range between 0 and 12.

Anatoly