[Ifeffit] Attempted XANES calc using FEFF8.1 - what's wrong?

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 14 15:00:17 CDT 2006

This all suggests that Ziyi Wu's claims to be able to tell the difference between
4 and 5 waters of hydration in the metal center of a protein just from fitting XANES
features may be a bit overblown.

I tried again with FEFF8 and still don't see the pre-edge features, nor get the
ratios right.  Maybe they're visible in the pDOS, but that's not what you measure.
FDMNES seems to come closer to getting the ratios right, though this may be a fluke.

I'll read the Modrow paper and see how they do it.
	mam