[Ifeffit] Attempted XANES calc using FEFF8.1 - what's wrong?

Matthew MAMarcus at lbl.gov
Sun Aug 13 22:06:04 CDT 2006

OK, I used the default settings.  I'm trying FDMNES now and it seems to do
better with default settings, but it's very slow,
even in 'Green' (multiple-scattering) mode.  That's with a 6A cluster for
comparison.
I think there are more serious disagreements than just the amplitudes of two
peaks:
1.    The pre-edge features are missing in FEFF (and FDMNES).
2.    The big second feature that's split in experimental data isn't in
simulation.
    mam