[Ifeffit] Ifeffit 1.2.8 installer for WinXP

Leandro Langie Araujo leandrolangie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:39:02 CDT 2005

Greetings everybody,

I'm another newcomer to the EXAFS world whose life was made much easier
thanks to this wonderful software package. My sincere thanks to Matt,
Bruce and everyone else involved in the "Ifeffit family" project.

But, although the software is very nice, I'm having some trouble
installing the newest version (1.2.8). I've been trying to install the
Ifeffit 1.2.8 package on my WinXP, but there seems to be a problem with
the files. I've downloaded the installers from both sourceforge and
cars.uchicago.edu, but whenever I try to run any of them I get the
following message: "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new
copy of the program."

So, I'd like to ask if anyone from the mailing list managed to install
Ifeffit 1.2.8 on WinXP or if anyone got the same kind of error message
when trying to install.

Thanks,
Leandro