[Ifeffit] Re: ifeffit installation on Linux

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 8 17:21:00 CDT 2005

Marco, Peter,

Hmm, sorry this isn't working.  Could you do these steps (I've added a
couple since the last time I asked to make sure it's a really clean
install and to look for the terminal libraries) and let me know the
results:

~> rm -rf ifeffit-1.2.7
~> tar xvzf ifeffit-1.2.7.tar.gz

<download new configure script, replace ifeffit-1.2.7/configure with
the new script>
~>./configure ......  (include whatever else you might have used)

Then run this script  (save to a file, say, matt.sh and run 'bash matt.sh'):

#!/bin/sh
grep TERMCAP_LIB  src/cmdline/Makefile  readline/Makefile
echo '# locate termcap: '
locate libtermcap
echo '# locate curses: '
locate libcurses