[Ifeffit] Re: ifeffit installation on Linux

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Sep 7 13:55:26 CDT 2005

Marco,

By the way, which distribution are you using?  If you happen to run
Debian, I provide a repository with all the packages necessary and all
dependencies properly set.

Carlo

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, marco antoni alsina corvalan wrote:

>> Bruce Ravel writes:
>> On my SUSE and kubuntu machines, ncurses seems to be the >one that works
>> best with the ifeffit build.  But ncurses >might not get installed by
>> default.
>
> Yeap, for me even the termcap library was not installed on my Suse machine
> (that explains a lot!!). However i did have the ncurses library installed
> already.
> I installed the termcap library, then ran the "configure" script that Matt
> give but I have the same old result...
> checking termcap.h usability... no
> checking termcap.h presence... no
> checking for termcap.h... no
> so I follow Peter suggestion:
> "ln -s /usr/lib/" in the /src/cmdline/ directory of the uncompressed ifeffit
> directory
> and then...problem solved...
> Thanks Peter

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
Carlo.Segre at iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre