[Ifeffit] Re: ifeffit installation on Linux

marco antoni alsina corvalan malsina at puc.cl
Wed Sep 7 11:44:43 CDT 2005

>Bruce Ravel writes:
>On my SUSE and kubuntu machines, ncurses seems to be the >one that works best with the ifeffit build.  But ncurses >might not get installed by default.

Yeap, for me even the termcap library was not installed on my Suse machine
(that explains a lot!!). However i did have the ncurses library installed
already.
I installed the termcap library, then ran the "configure" script that Matt
give but I have the same old result...
checking termcap.h usability... no
checking termcap.h presence... no
checking for termcap.h... no

so I follow Peter suggestion:
"ln -s /usr/lib/" in the /src/cmdline/ directory of the uncompressed ifeffit
directory

and then...problem solved...
Thanks Peter

Marco A. Alsina
Estudiante de Magíster
Departamento de Ingeniería Hidráulica y Ambiental
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Santiago, Chile
(56 2) 3544873