[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Wiki

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Fri Sep 2 17:02:22 CDT 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 16:12, Barton, David (DG) wrote:
> >It makes me kind of sad to think that some of these neat-o features
> > are not widely used.
>
> If it makes you feel any better,  I just used your linear combination
> module in Athena to fit 165 XANES spectra.

Spectacularly so!  Thanks for the big smiley at the end of the week.

So would it be useful to have some more automation in the LCF utility.  What
occured to me as I read this was to have a way to fit a fixed set of standards
to all the marked groups and right a big report at the end.  That is, play
around with spectrum #1 until you have decided which standards to use and how
to do the fit.  Then mark spectra 2-165, press the button, and go get a cup of
coffee.  That seems like a good idea to me.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu

 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165