[Ifeffit] compilation problem under MacOSX 10.4 - again

Hugh Harris h.harris at chem.usyd.edu.au
Thu Sep 1 18:28:15 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to the list and ifeffit. I've tried to get ifeffit 1.2.7
installed (for the first time) under tiger (on a system upgraded from
panther) according to the instructions posted in the FAQ and the
following modification on the list;

> Thanks Matt - installing g77 and then recompiling perl/Tk and horae
> did the
> trick!
>
> Bruce - sorry, I meant Perl/Tk...
>
> Paul, you may want to upgrade the installation notes to mention
> that g77 has
> to be installed first. Installion with Fink was a pleasure.
>
> Thanks again guys!
>
> JOEL

I have Xcode installed, g77 via fink, and ran the ifeffit binary
installer. Perl/Tk seemingly builds and installs ok but when I try to
build horae 0.5.3 I get the following error;

[harris:~/Desktop/horae-053] hugh% perl Makefile.PL

=== The Ifeffit wrapper, Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus ===

This is Mac OSX.
Checking dependencies ...
Dependencies ok.  Cool!
Reading configuration file: Ifeffit/lib/athena/athena.config
Wrote Ifeffit/lib/athena/athenarc
       Ifeffit/lib/athena/athenarcw
       Ifeffit/lib/athena/athena.ini
       athena_parts/rc.pl
Reading configuration file: Ifeffit/lib/artemis/artemis.config
Wrote Ifeffit/lib/artemis/artemisrc
       Ifeffit/lib/artemis/artemisrcw
       Ifeffit/lib/artemis/artemis.ini
       diana_parts/rc.pl
Assembled athena.pl from its parts (athena_parts/).
Assembled artemis.pl from its parts (diana_parts/).
Assembled hephaestus.pl from its parts (hephaestus_parts/).
Fixing execution path in the Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus
executables...
   Changing athena.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing artemis.pl to /usr/bin/perl
Can't process diana.pl: No such file or directory
   Changing hephaestus.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing ifeffit_shell.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing horae_update to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing rdaj.pl to /usr/bin/perl
   Changing atoms.pl to /usr/bin/perl
Ifeffit's installations directory is
         (found by capturing `ifeffit -i`)
Could not open /config/Config.mak file for reading
[harris:~/Desktop/horae-053] hugh%

Trying to run athena from the xterm gives;

Can't locate Ifeffit.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /sw/lib/perl5 /sw/lib/
perl5/darwin /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /
System/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/
5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Network/
Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.1 .)
at /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/athena line 54.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Applications/Ifeffit/bin/athena
line 58.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Hugh

Hugh Harris
ASRP Postdoctoral Fellow
School of Chemistry, Building F11
University of Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Office: +612-9351-2745