[Ifeffit] Problems with Windows XP Installation.

Brewer, Luke N lnbrewe at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 21 13:14:55 CDT 2005

Hello All-

	I have just downloaded and installed the ifeffit.1.2.8.exe
package for Windows XP from a mirror to sourceforge.  The installation
appeared to run just fine.  I read the note on website about using the
runner.exe instead of the individual executable files.

	When I click on the runner.exe, a window asks me what
application I would like to run (Athena, Artemis, etc.).  The window
disappears, and nothing happens for about a minute after which an error
window appears asking me to check the runner.exe.log.  The last line of
each log entry reads "timeoutsocket.Timeout: Attempted connect to
('164.54.160.111', 80) timed out."

I get the same error each time I try to run the software, regardless of
which application I select.

Any advice?  I would be happy to forward the runner.exe.log to anyone
who can/is willing to help.

Thanks.

Luke.

Luke N. Brewer, Ph.D.