[Ifeffit] Mac installer for 10.4 with horae-048

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 30 21:37:15 CST 2005

Stefano,

Hmmmm.  What I would do next is to trash /Library/Perl.  This is where
much of where horae goes, though it should be overwritten on
installation too.   Trashing /Library/Perl is a little riskier than
trashing /Applications/Ifeffit because it's possible that some other
perl application is using that folder too.  If you think you're not
using any other perl programs, you probably are not.  In any case, you
could do
   sudo mv /Library/Perl  /Library/Perl_SAVE

You can also look at the list of Perl files installed (at least as of
horae-0.48 on Mac 10.3)
at   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/src/MacOSX/PerlFiles

This says 'Perl/5.8.1' everywhere and I believe 10.4 uses a more
recent version of perl, but this list be helpful in looking for
folders not installed by Ifeffit.

After doing this, you can retry the installation.  If that's too scary
(or doesn't work ;>) I hope Paul has some insight!