[Ifeffit] graphics help

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Mon Nov 21 14:04:12 CST 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 13:31, crojasa at unmsm.edu.pe wrote:
> help in: why in my graphics the fit curve is more differents that data
> curve?. If that fit is ok, but the fit curve(red) is very underneath that
> data curve(blue).

Hi Chachi,

It looks as though the fit was Fourier transformed with a different
k-weight than was used with the data and paths.  One possible cause is
that you have the "kw" button checked in the plotting options section.
There has been a bug in the past that caused the FT to be done
incorrectly when that plotting option was chosen.  Is the "kw" button
checked in the upper right hand corner?  Does the picture make more
sense if you select any of the other k-weight button in the plotting
options?

Another possibility is that you are plotting data and paths along with
an old fit and the old fit was somehow very different from the current
fit.

Hope that helps,

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advance Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel