[Ifeffit] atoms and the alloys

Norbert Weiher Norbert.Weiher at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Nov 13 17:45:37 CST 2005

Hi Scott,

> would you agree that =EXAFS= is insensitive to the difference between
> Ni and Cu scatterers (except, of course, for the structural
> differences that can be handled by fitting parameters such as delr,
> ss, and e0)?

I was just doing the same comparison. I perfectly agree with you that
Cu and Ni
are indistinguishable in terms of the EXAFS backscattering contribution. For
the XANES I would be more careful making such a statement - although I never
tried out simulating an alloy consisting of neighboring atoms...

Norbert