[Ifeffit] ATHENA: Encoder option missing?

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Sat Nov 5 15:09:27 CST 2005

On Saturday 05 November 2005 13:41, Norbert Weiher wrote:
> I just updated to the latest version of A&A. When I open a file it seems
> that the "encoder" option in the energy units is missing...

Hi Norbert,

You caught me on something I started and didn't finish.  A while back
I started a project to generalize the import of data that doesn't fit
easily into the "columns of energy and scalars" model of what Athena
thinks a data file should be.  It's basically done -- I called them
file type plugins and wrote a few examples.  I had planned to write an
"energy as encoder" plugin, but forgot about it.

If you send me an example of the data file, I'll get it into the next
release.  Alternately, if you feel like writing some code, you can
follow the example of
   $PERLLIB/Ifeffit/Plugins/Filetype/Athena/X10C.pm
$PERLLIB is where ever perl stuff gets installed when you do "make
install".  The X10C example is pretty well commented.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
                                                  ravel at phys.washington.edu

 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel