[Ifeffit] Artemis- Loading up error

Zohair Hussain zsh109 at rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Sun May 22 22:45:40 CDT 2005

Hi!

I recently had to install ifeffit software package on our network
computer. The first time I ran Artemis I was asked to update which I
did. However, Artemis did not start after that. The error message that I
got is shown in the attached figures artemis-error1a and 1b. Please note
that only Artemis doesn't work, all the other softwares (Athena,
Hephaestus, TKAtoms etc.) work fine.

I tried running the .bat file from the Ifeffit folder but that didn't
work either. I also tried to run the artemis.exe file and received the
error shown in figure "artemis-error2".

Later I unisntalled and re-installed Ifeffit and chose not to do the
updates and Artemis is now running fine.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea why this is so or if there is a
way around installing the updates and still being able to use Artemis???

Thanks,

Zohair