[Ifeffit] idealized 95-atom Pt cluster

Charles Chusuei chusuei at umr.edu
Mon May 16 15:47:49 CDT 2005

Hi,,,

I'm a new user to Artemis and Atoms. I would like to generate a simulated
EXAFS spectrum of an idealized bare 95-atom cluster of Pt (with no ligands
attached to it).  Looking at Cambridge data files, the largest cluster
documented is 18, so I would have to make one up.  I would like to arrange
the 95 atoms into an idealized sphere with the standard geometry for bulk
Pt-Pt bonding that can be predicted from the crystal structure (e.g.
metallic radius = 139nm, metallic separation = 277.5nm separation, etc.)

I understand this can be done using Artemis and Atoms.  I'm relatively new
to using the software (prodominantly know how to use Athena for plotting
the experimental EXAFS data , not much more).

Could anyone provide suggestions on how to get started on this task? E.g.
Generating the crystal data and displaying the EXAFS of the resulting bare
cluster?

Charles