[Ifeffit] XAFS Summer Schools

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon May 9 21:59:59 CDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I thought I'd mention a couple of summer schools and XAFS
courses that are happening this summer.  I know many of you have
attended summer schools or XAFS workshops in the past, and there
are many people on this list who are fairly new to XAFS and
synchrotron work in general.

First, there will be a four-day XAFS school at Advanced Photon
Source, Argonne, IL from July 26 to 30. More Information is at
   http://cars.uchicago.edu/xafs_school/
(Both Bruce and I will be involved with this).  The application
deadline for this is June 10, 2005.

I believe there will also be an EXAFS Course at NSLS, Brookhaven
Lab, NY in October, 2005:
   http://www.nsls.bnl.gov/newsroom/events/workshops/exafs/

In addition, there are also annual synchrotron based summer
schools covering a range of techniques at Argonne National Lab,
and a joint summer school between SSRL (Stanford) and ALS
(Berkeley).  I think the deadline for these may have passed.

But there are quite a few other workshops, courses, and summer
schools, including outside the US.  A more complete list is at
  http://lightsources.org/cms/?pid=1000510

Cheers,

--Matt

PS: If you know of other courses, etc feel free to
    advertise them here.